Monday, October 16, 2017

Don't Lose Hope, Cowboys Fans

Wow it feels great to be writing again. Last Sunday I lost my dog so I spent every hour looking for him, leaving no time to watch football, therefore I had nothing to write on. This week I am doing something I haven’t done yet, partly because I felt it would be too predictable also due to the fact that I just had other subjects to get off my chest but the time has come for me to write about the Cowboys. Now, the Cowboys have had a bit of a shaky start thus far, and really should have just one loss if it wasn’t for two choked leads in a row… believe me when I say this bye week was a gift sent from god for this team. The entire season and preseason I never really expected the Cowboys to do much this year because of the massive overhaul of their defense that the front office decided was the best course of action in order to become a better team in years to come. As the year progresses, I am starting to realize that not only the cowboys, but the entire NFC has a chance to come out as champions. (Except obvious teams like the 49ers, which if they get a nice QB they’ll be a lot better in years to come under Kyle Shanahan, but that’s for another day) Aaron Rodgers going down possibly for the season holds an immense impact on the entire NFC, opening up a new hole in the NFC for anyone to take, and my fellow Cowboys fans, I have a feeling it’ll be Dallas. Dak has been performing great, the offensive line is finally starting to gel, but the offense never really was the problem, now was it? The defense has been atrocious, but not without some flashes of what could be a step in the right direction. Anthony Hitchens and Sean Lee are both expected to be healthy after the bye, which takes an enormous load off Jaylon Smith’s shoulders, that being the major contributor to his declined level of play. The bye week also gives the D-line, a D-line that has all its starters now, a week to mesh better together. This D-line, led by DeMarcus Lawrence should be able to step up their play for the rest of the season. Chido Awuzie should be healthy as well, we still haven’t really seen what he’s capable of, however, Jourdan Lewis and Xavier Woods are playing very well and the addition of another talented DB should help the defense regardless. Speaking of Joudan Lewis, he has been playing surprisingly well, especially in his ability to tackle, recording 19 tackles in just four games. He has shown tremendous patience in coverage already recording 5 pass deflections in his 4 games, this kid’s is only going to get better and better. Now if only they would start Xavier Woods over Jeff Heath… Do I think the Cowboys’ defense could be one of the best in the league? No, maybe in years to come, but not this year. Although, I do believe they can step up with the development of their young players and pull it together to take over the void the great Aaron Rodgers left in the NFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment