Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Better early than never for finals predictions

There have been so many moves made this offseason with all-star players, that I have no doubt things are going to be shaken up for both conferences in major ways. Although every team that made major all-star moves this offseason did it with only one issue in mind; how to match up against the Cavs and the Warriors. Those teams have unreal levels of talent, it was crazy to me that a roster could be so stacked when KD first signed with the Warriors. Now I look at the Cavs roster and think the same thing, there are so many star talents on both the starting lineup and the bench that any guy could go off on a given night and handle the scoring load. In the east, I don’t think any teams are going to have the talent to match up with the Cavs and beat them in a four-game series. For that reason, I’m taking the Cavs as my finals contender in the East, without a doubt. The west is a bit of a tossup for me, because I know the Thunder have the talent to beat the Warriors, but I need to see them play together and develop some chemistry first before I can make such a bold statement. The Warriors are just the complete package of talent, chemistry, and great coaching which has led them to dominate the league the way they have in recent years. So, my pick for the west has to be the Warriors, as much as I would love to see a championship hungry Westbrook take them down. Trust me, I’m just as sick of seeing the Cavs and Warriors in the finals every year as you are, but there’s no denying their talent. This year’s finals is coming up all Cavs for me though;they know their only concern is the Warriors, and with the super team that surrounds Lebron this season, I just don’t see them being stopped in the finals. I’m sure it will come down to a suspenseful game six or seven, and the games will definitely beexciting to watch with that much talent on the floor at one time. 
also wanted to include my honorable mention teams as I think they have the best chance of beating the big two monsters in the NBA. These two teams are the Thunder and the Timberwolves. The Thunder are going to be so much fun to watch this year, a big three made up entirely of cold blooded scorers is a scary sight. Not to sleep on Steven Adams either, that guy deserves a lot of respect for the work he puts in on the glass and the consistent buckets he gives them in the paint. If the Thunder can get their chemistry right and figure out how to slow down the Warrior’s transition game, I think they have a good shot at beating them. Another strong contender that has what it takes to beat both super powers is the Timberwolves. I can’t begin to explain how excited I am to see this team play this year, they have a roster loaded with young talent and definitely have the athleticism to keep up with the Cavs and Warriors. Jimmy Buckets gives them a solid scorer and lock down defender that I think will match perfectly with the playstyle of Karl-Anthony Towns and company. The only downside to the Timberwolves is that they are young and injury prone, a tough combination to deal with during a championship run. Definitely keep an eye on these teams throughout the season as they are some top contenders for the throne this year.-Tyler Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment