Thursday, December 7, 2017

Draft analysts are BUNK

                I am finally back! It has been too long and thank you for everyone’s support thus far, I have amassed enough supporters to finally start trying to make the move to podcasts and Youtube. Thank you again to everyone that has supported me up to this point, I never expected to get the views that I do, and I have no one to thank but you guys.
Enough of that, let’s get into football. There is something I really have been wanting to get of my chest, and that is how NFL teams look at players with the play style of Baker Mayfield’s. It DISGUSTS me that someone like that can achieve the things they do at such a high level and be considered to be a lower draft pick than the guy that just sits in the pocket all game. Last season I said time and time again that Deshaun Watson was the best QB in the draft, he just went back to back seasons of carving up Alabama’s defense and grabbing a National Title for Clemson. He showed tremendous poise in the pocket and when he needed to use his legs he did. Sure enough, he came into the league and lit it on fire. So why did so many draft analysts have him as a mid to late 1st round behind two other Qbs? Behind a one-year starter?? It is happening to a much greater degree this year with Baker Mayfield. Baker Mayfield is on FIRE and just put up 4 TDs against one of the better defenses in the NCAA, and if you watched that game, he made it look easy. He clearly has the IT factor that everyone loves to talk about because he is winning games. He has thrown with a completion percentage of 71, 4340 passing yards with 41… yes 41 touchdowns and wait for it… 5 interceptions. These numbers are incredible. He has tremendous poise in the pocket and will kill you with his quickness, not his speed. He has the ability to extend plays much like Aaron Rodgers.

Sam Darnold is more of a pocket passer who is, moronically ranked above Mayfield, has a completion percentage of 63.7, 3787 pass yards, 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions and has struggled to win against average teams. Lets look at another QB that’s ranked higher than Mayfield; Josh Rosen. First of all, he lead them to a 6-6 record and plays in the pac-12 so let’s get that out of the way first, second he has a completion percentage of 62.5, 3717 passing yards and 10 interceptions but yet another pocket passing QB. I have been told it’s because they have tremendous upside, but I fail to see how they have more upside than Baker Mayfield, who can torch any defense in the NCAA like they’re a bunch of JV football players. Mayfield is hands down the best QB in the draft and it is astonishing that there is anyone ranked above him. It makes me sick to my stomach that teams will pass on him to get the other guys. GROSS. I guess that is why those top 10 teams in the draft always seem to stay in the top 10…

No comments:

Post a Comment