Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The AFC is very... unexpected

After a crazy weekend in the NFL, I was planning on giving people a more neutral stance on the issues that were at hand, however, I am sick of seeing politics mixed in with sports. All I want to do is just watch sports, so I decided against adding to the pot full of articles about the mess that has been going on; instead I have decided to write about how happy I am that the AFC seems more balanced than it ever has.

            Generally, the AFC has only about two or three good teams and one of those teams is ALWAYS the Patriots but now? The AFC has the Raiders, Chiefs, Texans, Steelers, Broncos and yes still the Patriots. The AFC is also home to a few up and coming teams that should be good within the next few years with the Titans, Jags, and even the Browns should be good soon – you would have to go out of your way to still suck after 11 draft picks over two years – which means that the already interesting AFC is only going to get better. I would go off on a tangent about how good some of these teams are and will be but I would rather keep these posts relatively short so maybe another day. It is revitalizing to see the AFC so balances in comparison to past years. I’m still sticking with my pick for the Raiders, however, with every week showing me new things that I really did not expect out of some of these teams, it is becoming less and less clear as to who really will come out of that division. If I am wrong about the Raiders coming out AFC champions, that is completely okay with me because of how much more exciting it is to watch these teams when anyone has a chance to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment